Skating School Illness/Injury policy
We understand that skaters get injured or become ill from time to time. Parents can be concerned about when skaters should stay home from skating because of illness. We suggest following the same policy as recommended by the Anoka Hennepin School District and the Minnesota Department of Health.
Here is some information that can help you decide if your child/family should stay home:
- If the skater has had a fever of 100 degrees or more, the skater should stay home for 24 hours after the temperature returns to normal.
- If the skater has any COVID-19 symptoms such as Fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell. The skater should stay home.
- If a skater has vomited or had diarrhea, the skater should stay home until 24 hours after the last episode.
- If skater has had any rash that may be disease-related or the cause is unknown, check with family physician before sending the skater to the rink.
- Take preventive actions: Cover you nose and mouth with a tissue or the elbow of your sleeve when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
***Remember that a child who is ill with an infectious disease can spread the disease when in contact with others in the family and community. Frequent hand washing is one of the best ways to limit spread of disease. Set a good example by washing your hands often and helping your child develop good hand washing habits. If you have questions about these guidelines or your child’s illness, please call your school nurse or family physician.
If a skater is ill or injured and misses more than 3 continuous weeks of class due to the illness or injury. Please bring in a note from your child’s doctors and we will arrange makeup lesson for any additional missed lessons (beyond 3) or give a you a pro-rated refund for time missed beyond 3 classes. Make-up lessons are not offered for single missed lessons. For questions, please contact Skating Director, Karen Meck firstname.lastname@example.org or Ice Center Manager, Bill Ganser email@example.com