Painting the Chapel
The picture of the chapel on the mural was taken in 1914, while the picture of the Sunday School class of Joyce Chapel was taken in 1935. The Sunday School class picture includes some long-time residents of the area, including Charlie and Bertha Barney, Leland Sorteberg, and Roland Greenlun. Also included in the picture are several members of the Whitehead family, including 1 member of the 1977 to 1978 Coon Rapids Historical Commission, Jim Whitehead.
Over the course of Joyce Chapel's history, 29 pastors had served within it's walls. Reverend R. Overmire was the last pastor to serve Joyce Chapel, and the 1st for the new Coon Rapids Methodist Church.