Vacant Properties

Water Service

Water is turned off at the City's water valve near the street to any property known to be vacant to prevent water damage to the house and to protect the City's water supply.

To restore water service, a City inspection is required. Someone representing the property (existing homeowner, new home-buyer, listing or buyer's agent, bank, or mortgage company) must fill out a Vacant Property Inspection application and pay the inspection fee. The Vacant Property Checklist (PDF) includes the inspection items.

To request water to stay on at a vacant property, complete the Request for Water Waiver (PDF) form.

Vacant Property Monitoring Fee

Any property vacant for 120 days or more and required three or more visits by city staff for any reason, will be assessed a Vacant Property Monitoring Fee. For more information, refer to City Code 12-312.