The media contact for the Coon Rapids Police Department is Public Information Officer (PIO). The PIO is the liaison between the department and the media to answer questions and address information requests for incidents that have occurred or are related to the activities of the Coon Rapids Police Department.
The Public Information Officer (PIO) serves as the official spokesperson for the police department, and handles all requests for information from the media. The following is a list of some duties that the PIO is responsible for:
- Handles the daily requests from the media about events concerning the Coon Rapids Police Department, and incidents being investigated.
- Serves as a liaison and refers members of the media to appropriate members of the agency for interview requests.
- Conducts the majority of television and radio interviews regarding Coon Rapids Police Department issues.
- Responds to major crime scenes to handle media requests and manage media access to those scenes.
- Assists and coordinates all press conferences initiated by the Department.
- Manages the Department's social media accounts (Facebook/Twitter)
If you have a police question, please contact Captain Adam Jacobson, PIO, at 763-767-6509 or Jennifer Anderson, Communications and Marketing Manager at 763-767-6589.